2024 GKFF Summer Impact Program
Deadline: February 16, 2024
The George Kaiser Family Foundation (GKFF) Summer Impact Program provides a unique opportunity for interns to learn from some of Tulsa’s most effective community organizations, while gaining exposure to the intersection of policy, philanthropy, business, and community engagement. This blend of on-the-ground work and big picture context provides emerging professionals with a new perspective, skillset, and an accessible network of other young professionals and experienced non-profit, community, and business leaders in Tulsa.
Impact Program Overview & Responsibilities: GKFF places interns in local non-profit organizations and seeks professional, engaging, and hard-working interns to support and contribute to the work of their placement organizations. Please review this list of participating organizations. You will need to refer to this list and select three preferences for placement in order to complete your application.
- All internships and program activities will take place in-person.
- Specific tasks for interns are not limited to, but might include interacting with clients, research projects, data analysis, fundraising, communications, program development, community outreach, and marketing and social media management.
- Weekly learning and professional development opportunities, coordinated by GKFF, are mandatory for all interns.
- At the conclusion of the internship, all interns will prepare and present insights from their summer experience to the GKFF team and community partners.
Hours and Compensation: Over the course of the 9-week internship, interns commit to working 30 – 40 hours per week. Some night and weekend work may be required. Interns must commit to working at their placement organization between May 28 – July 26, 2024. Weekly schedules will be coordinated with the non-profit organization the intern is assigned to. All interns will be paid $15.00 per hour and will be responsible for tracking and submitting their hours to the George Kaiser Family Foundation.
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree from an accredited university and currently completing their sophomore or junior year.
- Applicants must be available for the full 9-week program and able to live in Tulsa, Oklahoma for the duration of their internship.
- Applicants must be available for an interview after their application has been submitted and vetted. Interviews may take place in-person or virtually.
To Apply: Please complete the online application
QUESTIONS? Call or e-mail Sara Ross at 918-392-1612 or firstname.lastname@example.org
George Kaiser Family Foundation (GKFF) is a charitable organization based in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Type I 509(a)3 supporting organization of the Tulsa Community Foundation, dedicated to providing equal opportunity for young children in our community through investments in early childhood education, community health, social services, and civic enhancement.