The Mathews Warehouse, formerly the Tulsa Paper Company building, located at 110-124 East Brady Street (between Boston and Cincinnati Avenues), is one of the first historic renovations in the Brady Arts District. The foundation’s vision is to develop a center for the arts in the Brady District north of downtown Tulsa, with exhibit, studio and performing arts space shared by several organizations, including The University of Tulsa’s Zarrow Center for Arts and Education, Gilcrease Museum and Philbrook Museum of Art.
The building will house more than 80,000 square feet of arts programming, including:
- The Eugene B. Adkins and Philbrook Collections of Native American Art
- Philbrook's collection of modern and contemporary art
- The Adkins Study Center
Originally constructed in 1922 (with additions made in 1927, 1928 and 1958), the building received preliminary permission in June 2010 to become a “certified historic structure” from the National Park Service of the U.S. Department of the Interior, provided certain conditions are met and rehabilitation of the property is completed.